Monday, July 30, 2007

Summer is OVER



I cannot believe that I only have 28 days left of summer vacation. Why is it that June drags on while July and August both fly by? Now, I realize August isn't even here yet, but in two short days it will be...then the count down will really be on!

This has been one HOT summer. We finally got A/C this year (thank GOD) and so I'm considerably less tan than in past years. I have spent a lot of time indoors. It's not all bad, though. I've painted part of the inside of my house...still have some left to do, have completely cleaned out and rearranged the little monster's rooms, and cleaned out my "office" which was NO small task.

John, and the kids and I have gone to Silverwood - and might I add the new additions to the waterpark are AWESOME!!!!!! - we've spent a week at Twin Lakes - and been to Eugene, Oregon for the birth of my nephew.
Oh, did I forget...John had his 20th high school reunion this summer. He graduated from Post Falls High School. I'll tell you, the 10 year was fun, but everyone was still in their "cliques" and I believe, trying to show what they have "accomplished" in the 10 years since graduation. The 20 year reunion ROCKED! Everyone seemed really enjoy themselves and just "be" themselves. It was really cool and now I'm looking forward to my 20 year reunion...which will NOT be for another couple of years. Thanks to all who planned the events. Friday night's boat cruise on the River Queen was great and the dinner at Templins on Saturday was splendid.
It's been a fun so far. What can we do for the next 28 days, though???????? Any suggestions...

2 comments:

Mia said...

Was it not like the hottest July anywhere ever here this year? I swear I was seeing small animals implode somewhere around the 25th of the month.

Mia said...

Ok seriously, girl...you need to post. I just found a fellow Idahoan blogger, and you never post lol