Monday, July 9, 2007

July 4th and Friends




The 4th of July has to be my favorite holiday...next to when Daylight Savings Ends and we get an extra hour in our day. (You may think I am kidding, but I am not. That IS my favorite holiday!!!!!! Always has been, always will be!) July 4th reminds me of pool parties at my Nonnie and Poppy's house with all of my cousins, aunts and uncles, and really everyone related to me in any way. The think I looked forward to most, I think, was when my Poppy took the cover off the pool. We were never sure whether the pool would be a beautiful blue color or algae green. Either way, we'd swim!!! :) Or get thrown in!
Anyway, since both of my grandparents have passed on...Poppy passed away last year...we have started our own "traditions". We actually started our tradition while he was still alive, we just did it along with going over to his house. We would go to his house during the day and then head on out to Twin Lakes, Idaho, to our friends Jon and Kymm, and Eric and Kris Carlson's cabin. It is right on the lake and is quite possible the most beautiful and peaceful place on earth. Jon and Eric are brothers...pictured above contemplating firework displays...and they LOVE the fourth of July. They love fireworks but really, they love fire! We love watching their firework display and we also enjoy making s'mores. It is nice to be around friends. It's nice to relax and have fun. I love summer!

No comments: