Friday, May 4, 2007

Is it still Monday?

I titled my first blog ever "Monday, Monday"...but today seems more like Monday to me. Have you ever been totally asleep but then feel like you are being watched. You hope you are dreaming, but alas, you open your eyes to "hi Mommy"...and it's only 2 :15 a.m. OMG When do they start sleeping through the night??? My two and a 1/2 year old still comes in to wake me up, nightly. She just wants a drink...and to crawl in bed with us. Okay, I can hear some of you saying "so leave a cup by her bed". Been there, done that! So, at 3:00, after she kicks me out of bed...because she tends to make a capital H out of me and my husband...I go and lounge on the couch. Only now, I'm awake. So, I think I should probably have one of those rice krispie treats that I made on Wednesday. Then I turn on the boob tube and watch the end of a movie. I fell asleep and of course my husband comes in about 2 minutes later to tell me that it's time to wake up. UGH!

I got up and got ready (of course my favorite jeans are a little tight, so I have to wear a SKIRT on FRIDAY), got the kids ready (AND got to hear yet another Pokemon tale), kiss my hubby goodbye, pack the kids in my minivan and leave. Well, we get about three blocks from home and clunk, clunk, clunk...I have a flat tire. So, I call my husband, who is on his way to work and ask what I should do...he says drive SLOWLY home and take his truck. Well, I am already running about 10 minutes behind, but I drive the 5 mph that my husband suggested...and switch to his truck. Oh, did I forget to mention that I am wearing a skirt with no hosiery and am also wearing flip flops???? Well, it started sprinkling SNOW while I was changing cars. Thank goodness that only lasted for about 3 minutes!

We get in the truck (which my kids love because he has sirius radio) and head to daycare and school. Well, the sirius radio can't seem to find a connection. So, we are stuck listening to the radio, because all of our favorite CD's are in my van...which, in case I forgot to mention, has a FLAT TIRE! This kids are happy that we are in daddy's truck, though, so they forgive me the radio fauxpa.

I drop the Jman off and take BB to daycare. She doesn't want me to leave. But I know I have to leave, because I NEED COFFEE today! I finally get her off my leg and leave. I have 17 minutes to get to school (and it should take about 12) but I need coffee. SO, I go to my favorite latte stand and there is a line. BUT I'm already there, so what the heck?!?! Then, there is a new girl working. Now, that doesn't usually bother me, but when you are in a hurry, it's nice to hear "the usual today?" New girl doesn't know what "the usual" is, so I have to explain all my weird quirky things to her. But, she made it and made it well! My day has now made a 180 turn for the better! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

The Queen Mommy said...

Girlllllll - this sounds like my life. Why is it that this happens to MOTHERS of all people??? Argh - and COFFEE is the fix, for darn sure...