Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happiness



I used to wonder what would make me truly happy. I always thought money and love would do it. I still think money would help, but the love part, I got right. It's not necessarily the love of a man, although that helps too. The love I get from and give to my children makes me happy. It is amazing how little words can warm a heart. I can be totally angry with my children and my daughter will say, "are you angry with me mommy?" and I melt. She doesn't want to make me angry...right?!?! :)
Or we can be laying in bed (no longer mommy and daddy's bed, but their own beds- THANK GOD) talking and praying and they say the sweetest things. My son was sick last week and my daughter prayed..." thank you God for mommy and daddy, and thank you God for please making JJ better..." it was the sweetest thing. The love between the kids is amazing, too! My son was really sick last week (hmmmm have you heard that before???) and on Valentine's Day he bundled up his gameboy (he has a DS, too) and put all his games in it, brought it into his sister's room and gave it to her as a Valentine's gift. HOW SWEET IS THAT?!?!
I just have to keep reminding myself that this is what matters in life. The love we give and raising loving children...
On a side note, this morning the following conversation took place:
"Mommy, is dude a boy?" (Bella)
"Yes." (me)
"Hey, Dude, let's go downstairs." (Bella to JJ)
How freakin' cute was that?!!?!?! :)
Happy Hump Day

1 comment:

The Queen Mommy said...

Yep, my girls' love fulfills a completely different "spot" in me than my love with my husband. There is nothing like that little person, that part of you - and it really is a huge blessing!!!