Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday, Monday

Well, today was a weird day. My parents had the kids overnight (THANK you mom!!!), so when I got up at my usual time (5:15), I realized I would probably have some extra sleep time, so I slept for another 15. I got up, checked my email and then showered and got ready. Not really knowing what to do next (since it was only 6:30) I decided to empty the garbages and the dishwasher...then I made some nectar from the gods (or coffee as the commoners say it). Now it's 6:45... So, I folded the load of clothes that was in the dryer...at 7 (when I usually leave) I left. NOW, what you don't understand is I usually have to take my son to school (which is 12 minutes away) and then my daughter to daycare...then stop for a Chai tea...then get to work by 8. TODAY, though, I stopped for my Chai (at Jump Start Java - the best coffee place) and was at work by 7:25. My boss about fell out of his chair that I was here this early.

I missed my kids, but I'll tell you it was nice to have NO committments this morning. Mondays are usually SO hard!

1 comment:

The Queen Mommy said...

Claira had her first night away from us a couple of Sundays ago - and she went all the way to Kentucky. It was funny because at first I was in awe of the quiet and calm; but after about an hour, both Greg & I felt LOST without her. We couldn't stop talking about her and saying we missed her... It was WONDERFUL to not have to struggle with her Monday morning, but we were really glad to see her come home that night. =)